Shipping Assistant – Wholesale Jewelry Company
Luna Norte is seeking a Shipping Assistant for our Director of Logistics. This position will assist with shipping and production activities at our San Diego office. We are looking for a hardworking and professional individual that can grow with our team.
- Assist with all shipping activities, including but not limited to packing, shipping, receiving, inventory management, and relaying relevant information to the appropriate person.
- Organize large shipments as they are received.
- Process and ship orders – which can include arranging orders with the factory for production, the ticketing and packaging of merchandise and counting and packing merchandise according to specific vendor guidelines.
- Learn specific shipping and routing guidelines for all major vendors to properly prepare the product for shipment, including ordering tickets and making sure our factories are notified as to what the packaging requirements are for the pending orders.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with wholesale sales staff to properly process wholesale orders, coordinate damaged product replacements, coordinate new sample shipments to our clients.
- Monitor website inventory and order replenishment items when web inventory is low.
- Ship e-commerce orders
- Help organize the office as necessary, which includes, but is not limited to putting away inventory, sorting through polybags, filing away orders that have already been shipped.
- Print invoices, packing lists, shipping labels.
- Prioritize tasks for optimal productivity.
- Follow up on orders to make sure they will arrive in a timely manner.
- Assign tasks to the production team who mostly work on site, but occasionally from home. Follow up to make sure tasks are completed in a timely manner by due date. Tasks include quality controlling jewelry and gemstones, assembling jewelry, carding jewelry, price ticketing jewelry, and packing orders.
- Daily review of open purchase orders to ensure orders are shipping on time and all product has been ordered and will be arriving on time.
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time.
- In high season, help jewelry production team meet deadlines.
- Offers suggestions to management where shipping costs can be reduced.
- Researches and suggests potentially more sustainable shipping materials.
- Fill in for other employees while they are out of office as needed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Positive upbeat attitude.
- We are looking for someone who is responsible, timely, and has a great work ethic. At times there is a high volume of orders so we need someone who can work quick with a high level of accuracy.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Work with integrity and honesty
- Be motivated to execute assigned tasks without being micromanaged.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Can prioritize yourself and others for optimal productivity.
- Must be consistently accurate with orders.
- Ability to communicate orally with shipping/logistics companies, coworkers, and other department managers is crucial. Regular use of phone and email for communication is essential.
- Strong math skills required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of customs a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus, but not required.
- Computer knowledge required – prefer experience with shipping/receiving/inventory software, outlook, word, excel.
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 50% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office is required. Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common; must also be able to lift and move materials when necessary.
- Demonstrated maturity, integrity, and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment, both individually and as a team player
- Must be able to move/ lift 50+ pounds.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience in shipping / receiving is preferred.
- Love working with great people and a fun team.
- Ability to think critically, is not afraid to ask questions and is able to fill in gaps when not all the information is clearly defined.
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment.
This is not a traditional warehouse; forklift experience is not necessary.
Training will be provided.
This is a growing company with lots of opportunity to advance.
40 hours per week, 9-5:30 pm. Some overtime required during high season.
Benefits offered after 90 days of full-time employment.
Serious inquiries only.
Must be authorized to work in the US
Compensation negotiable, DOE.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org