Gemstone Production Coordinator
Typical daily job duties include:
• Communicate with stone supplier to ensure production is ordered and arrive in a timely manner to meet client ship dates
• Create and send purchase orders to stone suppliers
• Receive merchandise with receiving invoice
• Assign stones to purchase orders for both overseas production and in-house production
• Communicate with team about open orders, delays, issues, etc.
• Manage all open orders with designated suppliers and reply to daily emails
• Data Entry, including QuickBooks
• Ship FedEx internationally as well as domestically
• Return stones to vendor if faulty for repair or credit note
• Prepare stone notes for factories
• Perform clerical duties that include but are limited to file, ship and copy
• Manage current stone inventory
• Negotiate pricing on stones
What we are looking for:
• Self-starter who is not afraid to ask hard questions with the ability to work independently with minimal oversight and as a team
• Great computer skills with knowledge of programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
• Excellent time management. Highly organized and able to multi-task and pivot quickly based on tasks and organization needs
• Interest or experience in gemstones, jewelry, fashion or art is a plus
• Be highly motivated and maintain a proactive approach to meeting goals.
• Positive upbeat “go getter” attitude. Being a team player who is driven, easy-to-work-with, accountable and enthusiastic.
• Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment
• Strong decision-making skills. Ability to think critically and be able to fill in gaps when not all the information is clearly defined
• Experience working in an office setting with a high volume of deadlines.
• Detail oriented: Attention to detail a must, ability to quality control work
• Must be organized, and accurate with wording and numbers
• Commitment- we are looking for a long-term employee.
• Ability to communicate with professionalism. Regular use of phone and email for communication is essential.
• Strong math skills required
• Knowledge of international shipping a plus, but not required
• Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position most of the time, as well as the ability to move about the warehouse is required. Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common; must also be able to lift and move materials when necessary.
• Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Experience in ordering or manufacturing a plus.
• Reliable transportation is required.
• Love working with great people and a fun team
• Must be authorized to work in the US
Training will be provided.
40 hours per week, 9:00-5:30 pm. Some overtime required during high season.
Benefits offered after 90 days of full-time employment.
We are taking COVID-19 very seriously.
Working from home is available for some daily tasks, but most work will need to be done on site. We are keeping minimal employees in the building, practicing social distancing, taking temperatures, cleaning frequently. Masks are mandatory.
Serious inquiries only.
Compensation negotiable, DOE.
Email responses only, no phone calls please.
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with three words that best describe you.